Sky’s the Limit
Fragrance trends of Summer 2016 echo consumers’ deep-seated desire to break loose from the daily ties that bind them, and adopt the “no limits” attitude embodied by the serenity of the natural world.
Consumers’ need to escape internal boundaries and connect deeply with their bohemian, free-spirited nature has driven demand for products that exhibit imaginative, boundless, romantic qualities and contain ingredients which mirror the harmonious and ethereal character of nature.
Breath of Fresh Air
Their yearning to infuse a breath of fresh air and tranquility into their daily experience is supported by the following trends:
- Pared down elegance and modern refinement intertwined with a hint of boldness creates an overall whimsical quality, evoking contemporary romantic lifestyle.
- Dreamy pastels intermingle with a touch of black. The pastel tones soften the black, while the black adds an otherworldly edge.
- Gossamer, free-flowing fabrics, such as chiffons and silks, feature soft floral prints.
- Effervescent pink drinks sparkle in glassware.
- Classic delicacies are updated with delicately sweet sorbets and light, airy meringues and puff pastries.
- Light sparkling sorbets are being infused into fragrances to evoke an air of delicate sweetness.
- Unique blends trending in 2016 aim to satisfy consumers’ desire to break fragrance preconceptions and embrace new and interesting combinations.
- Cashew Apple, a fusion of fruity notes with subtle dustings of nutty nuances is one such blend creating a surprising olfactive experience.
Consumers’ lives have become bogged down and bound by routine and ritual and with that, they have lost touch with the romantic and imaginative side of themselves. Their need to dream and recapture a feeling of wonder and lightness has driven their desire for products which embody freedom, inner peace and a sense of infinite possibilities.
Fragrance marketers who wish to connect with their consumers would benefit greatly from creating products possessing this carefree and peaceful spirit.