Ring of Fire
Fragrance trends of Summer 2016 reflect consumers’ burning desire to spice up their lives and infuse the raw passion of the natural world into their day-to-day experiences.
This need to connect deeply with their primitive nature and discover a greater sense of freedom and adventure has driven demand for products that exhibit vibrant, wild and bold qualities and contain colorful ingredients which mirror the intensity of the natural world.
Fire is the expression of passion in motion. Its transformative and provocative essence stirs emotions, inspires creativity and sparks thinking outside the box. Its electrifying, untamed character ignites in us a spirit of exploration and fearlessness to expand our horizons and breathe a little nomadic flair into our everyday urban existence.
Consumers yearning to escape the confines of routine and fully experience the adventurous spirit embodied are illustrated through the following trends:
- Influences from Buenos Aires, Santiago, Sao Paulo and Panama City add color and spark to the environment of consumers looking to add more of the “exotic” feeling to their everyday lives.
- Styles and flavors of sunny destinations evoking passion and optimism draw in consumers.
- The spirited fusion of exotic materials and daring style provides a complex and stimulating visual impact.
- Fearlessly mixed patterns and hues pay tribute to this, the nomadic lifestyle, which values discovery.
- Consumers are being drawn to modern weaving and geometric ikat prints in bright colors and strong lines.
- Vibrant citrus notes like orange and lemon are being infused into fragrances to evoke a feeling of energetic freshness and provide a sparkling and enticing top note.
- Calamondin, representative of the new wave of hybrid citrus fruits, is garnering attention from fragrance consumers as it offers an intriguing olfactive departure from the standard citrus accords while adding an air of upscale uniqueness.
Fueling the Fire
Consumers’ lives have become inundated with routine and ritual and with that, they have begun to feel as if their inner fire is being extinguished. Their need to re-ignite and recapture a sense of spontaneity and fervor has driven their desire for products which embody excitement, passion and a zest for life.
Fragrance marketers who wish to connect with their consumers would benefit greatly from creating products possessing this fiery, bohemian spirit.