Effective Date: May 2018
Date of modification: October, 2020
Agilex Holdings, Inc. together with its affiliates and subsidiaries (hereafter “Agilex”) is committed to protecting your personal information. Some of the personal information you input into www.agilexfragrances.com (the “Website”) will be included in a data file of Agilex. Where European Economic Area and Swiss (“EEA + CH”) law applies, Agilex is the controller of your personal information.
According to applicable data protection regulation, the “data controller” is the legal entity responsible for any personal data collected from you. The data controller will depend on who you are:
- a visitor of this Website;
- an investor;
- a job applicant,
- or an Agilex customer or supplier.
Agilex is the data controller for a visitor of this Website, an investor, or a job applicant. In relation to a customer or a supplier, the data controller is the Agilex legal entity that manages the contractual relationship with such customer or supplier and it can be found:
- in the agreement you have entered into with Agilex;
- on your purchase order or invoice.
- Types of personal information collected
- Purposes for processing your personal information
- Disclosure of your personal information
- Your choices
- Protection of your personal information
- Storing and transferring your personal information
- User-generated content
- Third party sites
- Your EEA + CH rights
- California privacy rights
Types of personal information collectedWe use different methods to collect personal information from and about you including through:
- Direct Interactions: You may provide personal information to us when you register for certain services, access various content or features, submit an application to work at Agilex or other Agilex group companies (“Group Companies”) or directly contact us via the Website. You may also provide personal information to Agilex if you post in community discussions, participate in any other online interactive features and if you participate in any research questionnaires, projects and surveys (the nature of which will be explained to you in more detail prior to your participation in them), or when contacting our media or investors relations. The types of information we may collect from you includes personal details (including name and gender), contact information (including email address, postal address/location, telephone numbers), financial interests you may have as an investor, education and training details (including qualification, attendance at educational establishments and training received), and employment details (including details of previous employment roles).
- Automated technologies or interactions: When you use our Website, we will automatically collect technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including your browser type and operating system, search history, the links you click on within the Website, unique identifiers (including mobile device identification and IP address), information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and other, similar technologies (please refer to our Cookies Policy), your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer and standard server log information. We collect your internet or other electronic network activity information from your interactions with our website.
- Third parties or publicly available resources: Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services, and embedded video players), from third-party sites (for example social media sites), and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The types of information we may collect includes personal details (including name, age, gender, and other demographic data), contact information (including postal address and telephone numbers), your interests and purchase behavior and navigation data (including websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on).
Purposes for processing your personal informationWe may process any personal information you provide to us to enable us to perform the contract entered into between you and us, to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including:
- To designate you as the contact person and to enable us to fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to complete transactions that you have requested;
- To ensure the security of our websites;
- To enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, promotions and message boards;
- With your consent, to provide you with electronic newsletters, information, special offers and promotional materials about us and the Website and on behalf of our Group Companies, in accordance with applicable law (see Your Choices below for further information of opting out of such marketing communications);
- To better understand how you interact with the Website to understand and improve the Website and our service offerings (including customizing the content of the Website and developing advertising tailored to your interests); and
- To produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop our or their own products and service offerings; and
- To enable us to process and consider your application to join Agilex and our Group Companies.
Disclosure of your personal informationAgilex is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you. We may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Agilex Group Companies: We may share your contact information with other Group Companies so that they can contact you regarding features such as surveys, polls, and promotions and/or send you communications about their products and services. As a global company, some of our employees in different sites may need to access your personal data in order to deliver you better services you may request from Agilex. A list of our locations is available on our website. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Authorized third-party service providers: We may share your information with services providers who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing and data processing. These service providers are required to keep your personal information confidential and secure, and must only use your personal information as instructed by Agilex;
- California Only: Analytics providers: We may share your internet or other electronic network activity information with our analytics providers so they may perform auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards; and
- Our selected commercial partners and sponsors: Where you have chosen to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion your personal information may be disclosed to sponsors and third parties who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis.
- Business transfers: We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a Group Company, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements: We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, where we have a legal duty to do so, including in response to court orders or legal process, and to comply with other legal obligations imposed on us.
- Protect our Website and users: We may disclose information to protect and defend the legal rights, interests, and safety of the Website, the Agilex group of companies, and their employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcing our agreements); to protect the safety and security of users of the Website and members of the public. Your personal information may also be subject to foreign laws and may be accessible by foreign governments, courts, law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
Your choicesYou can choose to enjoy content and features on the Website without directly providing us with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may automatically be collected or may be requested so you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on the Website.We send marketing communications where you have agreed to us doing so. You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails or text messages from us by following the instructions contained in any such message or by contacting us at any time (see Section 12 “Questions” below). Please note that even if you unsubscribe to marketing communications, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of the Website, such as service announcements and if we may need to send certain information to you under a legal, regulatory, or ethical requirement.
Protection of your personal informationWe have adopted appropriate and commercially reasonable technical, organizational, administrative, and physical measures to help protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized alteration. We ensure only the persons who need to for legitimate business purposes, have access to your personal data. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us via the Website.
Storing and transferring your personal informationYour personal information collected via this Website will be stored on servers located in Switzerland or an EU member state.We share your personal information with our Group Companies. If you are located in the EEA+ CH, this will involve transferring your data outside the EEA + CH.Many of our external third parties are based outside the EEA + CH so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA + CH.Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA +CH, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA + CH.We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements and in accordance with our data retention rules.To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- We will transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Your EEA + CH rightsYou may be entitled under local law to:
Residents of the EEA + CH: In addition to the rights listed above you may also have the right to: (a) restrict the processing of personal information we hold about you; (b) object to the processing of personal information we hold about you; (c) receive any personal information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company and/or (d) not be subject to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by automated processing, including profiling.Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the information requested to you. If you are located in the EEA + CH, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal information with the supervisory authority in your country. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your local supervisory authority so please contact us in the first instance.
- access, update or amend the information that we hold about you;
- object to the processing of your information by Agilex, including for marketing purposes or otherwise where you have a legitimate reason for doing so; and/or
- ask us to delete your information. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal or security obligations.
California privacy rightsIf you are a California Consumer, you have certain rights with respect to the collection, use, transfer, and processing of your “Personal Information”, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). We reserve the right to limit these rights where permitted under applicable law, including where your identity cannot be reasonably verified or to the extent your rights adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. To exercise any of the rights below, please contact us via the contact information below. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about consumers.In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about minors.Individual RightsRight to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or SoldYou have the right to request that Agilex disclose the Personal Information it collects, uses, and discloses about you to third parties. There are two types of Right to Know requests you can make:
Right of DeletionYou have the right to request that Agilex and our service providers delete any Personal Information about yourself that Agilex has collected from you upon receipt of a verifiable request. This right is subject to exceptions.Right to Opt Out of the Sale of InformationCalifornia Consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of Personal Information by a business that sells Personal Information. Agilex does not sell any Personal Information of California Consumers.Submitting RequestsYou may submit a request through email at email@example.com or by telephone (toll free) at 1-833-771-0298.Verifying RequestsAgilex provides California Consumers with the ability to submit requests through our request website, our telephone number, and our email address. Agilex must verify that the person requesting information or deletion is the California Consumer about whom the request relates in order to process the request. To verify a California Consumer’s identity, we may request up to up to three pieces of Personal Information about you when you make a request to compare against our records. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in your request to verify your identity and will delete any information you provide after processing the request. Agilex reserves the right to take additional steps as necessary to verify the identity of California Consumers where we have reason to believe a request is fraudulent.Authorized AgentConsumers may use an authorized agent to submit their request. The authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State and be authorized to submit requests on behalf of a consumer. If you are an authorized agent and a consumer has given you signed permission to submit a request on his or her behalf, please send a copy of your signed permission by the consumer to Agilex. Failure to submit proof of signed permission may result in Agilex denying the consumer’s request. Agilex will require the consumer to verify his or her identity and directly confirm with Agilex that the consumer has provided you with permission to submit the request.Right to Equal ServiceAgilex will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of your rights, including, but not limited to, by:
Right to Know (Abbreviated Request): If you make a Right to Know (Abbreviated Request), you will receive the following information about you:
- Category of Personal Information collected in the past twelve months,
- Categories of sources from which that information was collected,
- The business or commercial purpose(s) for which the information was collected,
- The categories of third parties with whom Personal Information has been shared, and
- The business or commercial purpose for which Agilex sold or disclosed the category of Personal Information.
Right to Know (Specific Pieces of Information Request): If you make a Right to Know (Specific Pieces of Information Request), you will receive the following information about you:
- Specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you. This information will be provided to you free of charge, unless Agilex determines that your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. You may request this information twice in a 12-month period.
- Denying goods or services to you.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Right to Know (Abbreviated Request): If you make a Right to Know (Abbreviated Request), you will receive the following information about you:
QuestionsIf you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Residents of Germany: We have appointed a local data protection officer in Germany, as required by law. The German data protection officer can be contacted at: DSB-Firmenich@intersoft-consulting.com.